Home » Events » Your right to vote…

Your right to vote…

Start here

I recently had a conversation with someone who asked “Why should I vote? It is not like my vote matters anyway.” I could see why someone might feel that way, but it simply is not true. Every vote matters especially in a local election. One of the greatest and most rewarding rights that we have as a citizen of the United States, is the right to vote for our elected officials. I think of a recent Peoria city council race last year that decided the winner by one single vote!

As you may or may not know, I have an opponent in the March 20th primary election. Primary’s are difficult elections because the voter turnout is typically very low. This means that it is even more important to get people out to vote. In addition to the race for Sheriff, you will be voting for Coroner, County Clerk, as well as some county board positions. One item on the ballot that many do not know about is the referendum to raise the county portion of your property taxes 30%.

We have been working very hard the past year to meet people all across this county, and share my vision with them about the future of the Sheriff’s Office. If I am elected, my hard work will not stop. I am committed to bringing Transparency, Unity, and Leadership to the Sheriff’s Office and I need your help to do it! I really NEED you to come out and vote on March 20th. Will you help by going to the polls and casting your vote for me? I really appreciate your support and for believing in me to be your next Sheriff.

Early voting has begun in the county. You can go to the McKenzie building located at 11 S. 4th street, suite 203 in Pekin and cast your vote early. The following are the hours for early voting at the County Clerk’s office:

Weekdays: Monday through Friday –

Feb. 8th through March 9th   8:30am-5:00pm

March 12th through March 19th  8:30am -7:00pm

Weekends:  Saturday and Sunday –

Saturday, March 10th  9:00am to 12:00 noon

Sunday, March 11th 10:00am to 4:00pm

Saturday, March 17th  9:00am to 4:00pm

Sunday, March 18th  9:00am to 4:00pm

There will also be temporary sites set up for your convenience as well. They are:

Monday, Feb. 26th  7:00am-10:00am  &  4:00pm-7:00pm at the Delavan Township, 212 Locust St. in Delavan

Tuesday, Feb. 27th  7:00am-10:00am & 4:00pm-7:00pm at the Hopedale Village Hall, 101 S E Main St. in Hopedale

Wednesday, Feb. 28th  7:00am-10:00am  &  4:00pm-7:00pm at the Tremont Village Hall, 211 S. Sampson St. in Tremont

Friday, March 2nd  7:00am-10:00am   & 4:00pm-7:00pm and Saturday & Sunday, March 3rd and 4th from 9:00am-3:00pm at the following locations:

Morton Township  300 W. Jefferson St.  Morton

Washington Township:  58 Valley Forge Rd.  Washington

Folepi’s Market Place:  2200 E. Washington St.   East Peoria

***If you are not registered to vote, you can do so the same day you vote. You will need two forms of ID with at least one showing your current residence address. ***

See you at the polls!